SHW | Strategy
The scope of our management services work encompasses three distinct areas:
Strategy and Feasibility When creating a new facility or relocating an existing service, we undertake a rigorous systems based review to determine clear objectives, and test the viability of achieving these using agreed criteria such as social utility, operational requirements and nancial parameters. A range of implementation options is identi ed along with the bene ts and limitations of each. Where necessary plans over 3-5 years are created to test sustainability, resilience to change and the return on investment.
Design and Operational briefing This service scopes the design and operational needs of the project and converts them into a precise guide for the client and design team.
Operational Review and selection Using our team’s operational experience, user engagement along with industry benchmarks we assess the existing operator’s performance and work collaboratively to follow through the results of our assessment. If a decision is made to market test we provide a full service from inception through to contractor appointment and contract monitoring.
Food Safety We provide Food Safety management and Food Hygiene regulations facility and operational compliance training.
SHW | Design
We follow the current RIBA Plan of Work 2013 for our scope of works for Food, Beverage and Laundry design.
1.Preparation and Brief Develop Project Objectives, including Quality Objectives and Project Outcomes, Sustainability Aspirations, Project Budget, other parameters or constraints and develop Initial Project Brief. Undertake Feasibility Studies and review of Site Information.
2. Concept Design Prepare Concept Design, including outline proposals, building services systems, outline speci cations and preliminary Cost Information along with relevant Project Strategies in accordance with Design Programme. Agree alterations to brief and issue Final Project Brief.
3. Developed Design Prepare Developed Design, including coordinated and updated proposals for general arrangements, building services systems, outline speci cations, Cost Information and Project Strategies in accordance with Design Programme.
4. Technical Design Prepare Technical Design in accordance with Design Responsibility Matrix and Project Strategies to include all building services information, specialist subcontractor design and speci cations, in accordance with Design Programme.
5. Construction Offsite manufacturing and onsite construction in accordance with Construction Programme and resolution of Design Queries from site as they arise.
6. Handover and Close Out Handover of building and conclusion of Contract.
7. In Use Conclude activities listed in Handover Strategy including Post-occupancy Evaluation, review of Project Performance, Project Outcomes and Research and Development aspects.
Construction to completion
Monitor progress of works during construction and commissioning process, prepare defects schedule and carry out final inspection prior to handover.
SHW | Implementation
Base Build Assessment We assess shell and core building and development from a technical viability and provide preliminary can information to support a tenant, letting or landlord requirements ass guide. We provide information to sense check the integration of Our the project into building parameters, space allocation, utilities with and logistics; we also provide anticipated MEP, HVAC and plant requirements.
Legal Liaison We will advise and report on any lease heads of terms, licensing and planning consents where applicable. Liaise and report on statutory approvals for building regulations, local council policies and any specialist solicitors. Prepare correctly formatted documentation and drawings ready for submission and approval.
Procurement We understand the importance of tight cost management, during this phase we will implement a robust contract plan to include best practice for ef cient and competitive cost control. We will recommend suitable contractors and evaluate tenders preparing outline procurement, manufacturing, delivery and installation programmes.
Project Management Our experienced and quali ed team will provide full onsite supervision during the construction phase, managing all aspects of delivery logistics and project installation of materials and equipment; providing minimal input from the customer. We recognise the impact developments have on day to day operations, so we will devise continuity plans to minimise any potential risks. We will monitor certi cation and witness testing of the installation to comply with all relevant regulations.
In Use Services Upon completion we will manage in depth staff training sessions by specialist trades to suit the customer’s needs
Food Safety management training and implementation, Environmental Health advice and Food Safety Regulations compliance, health and safety training.